Monday, May 09, 2005

The question going through my mind right now is this: How do I make money doing something that I like? What I like is writing, but the tragedy is that writing pays peanuts. For me to live a fulfilling work life it is clear that, somehow, I must leverage my love for writing and my knack for it into something more financially rewarding.

My options:

  • Karlo Samson's Top Secret Writing Agency
  • Editorial Position for Pump
  • Contributor for Pump
  • Racket Writer for Preview and KZone
  • Ghost Writer
  • TV Feature Writer
  • Travel Writer + Photographer

Right now, I'd like to go full swing with all the possible rackets but my ties to the desk job leave me with little time or energy to pursue articles on the side. Why don't I resign from my job, even when I am unhappy? I fear the loss of coin. The day job pays fine but exacts an onerous spiritual tax.

********************************

Just read a very good article on blogs and blogging and how they will affect business. They may "affect" business but they won't necessarily make a blogger money - just provide companies with instant feedback as to what consumers think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home